Why should you bother? You’re young and healthy right? If you get the flu worst thing that’ll happen is a week off work?
The reason you should bother is a thing called herd immunity.
The more people in a community that are immunised against a disease, the less likely EVERYONE will be to catch it. It means there are less potential carriers for people who are at grave risk from the disease can catch it.
The worst thing that could happen if a young healthy person catches the flu is that thy could pass it on to an infant, a sick person or an elderly person. These people will suffer more from the flu, in fact some will even die each year!
That’s why you should bother.
Do you qualify for a FREE vaccine?
- all people aged 65 years and over
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children aged 6 months to 5 years
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 15 years and over
- pregnant women
- people aged 6 months and over with medical conditions predisposing to severe influenza
If you qualify under these criteria, your free vaccine is available through your GP.
If you do not receive a free vaccine, you will need to get one from the pharmacy. For 2015 we are only charging $14.95 for fluvax vaccines. A much lower cost than even a day off work and a box of cold and flu tablets.
Call in and see us to discuss the easiest and most convenient way to organise this.
- Pharmacist, Blooms The Chemist Albion Park
- 02 42564610